During the pandemic in 2020, I created a new video series on social media, highlighting books for kids, teens, and adults that help them travel through history. I virtually took you to the very places that are featured in the book and when possible, interviewed the authors to learn more about their book and its place in history.
You can watch them below or at my YouTube channel.
*All books titles are affiliate links with Amazon. You can also find the books in my Bookshop.org store. Bookshop.org is an Amazon alternative that supports independent bookstores. All links are affiliate links where I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Hollywood Cemetery – where you can take a multi-stop walking tour of the sites that inspired the books
- Patrick Henry’s Scotchtown – home of the Henry family and main location of the book
- Colonial Williamsburg – where Anne visits and sends her writings to be printed in the newspaper
- Richmond National Battlefield Park – Fort Harrison and surrounding battles were part of the Bermuda Hundred Campaign
- Point of Rocks (now part of Dodd Park) – site of Clara Barton’s hospital
- Middleburg, VA – the small town where Thomas and Birdie join up with the Union Army
- Gettysburg National Military Park – massive battlefield in Pennsylvania where the Union Army clashed with the Confederate Army
- Historic Jamestowne – the actual site of the Jamestown colony
- Jamestown Settlement – the recreation of the Jamestown colony, ships, and Powhatan village
- Fort Monroe/Point Comfort – site of settlement from 1621
- Weston Plantation along the Appomattox River in Hopewell, VA – near where Susanna Bolling’s real house stood
- Halfway House in Chesterfield, VA – the actual house where Gen. Lafayette was staying the night that Susanna warned him that the British were coming to capture him