I am starting a new video series on social media, highlighting books for kids, teens, and adults that help them travel through history. I hope to virtually take you to the very places that are featured in the book and when possible, interview the authors to learn more about their book and its place in history.
Check out my social media accounts on Facebook or Instagram to see these videos. You can also watch them at my YouTube channel. Come and join me!
*All books titles are linked to Bookshop.org, an Amazon alternative that supports independent bookstores. This link is an affiliate link where I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Susanna’s Midnight Ride by Libby Carty McNamee
- Weston Plantation along the Appomattox River in Hopewell, VA – near where Susanna Bolling’s real house stood
- Halfway House in Chesterfield, VA – the actual house where Gen. Lafayette was staying the night that Susanna warned him that the British were coming to capture him
Blood on the River and Poison in the Colony by Elisa Carbone
- Historic Jamestowne – the actual site of the Jamestown colony
- Jamestown Settlement – the recreation of the Jamestown colony, ships, and Powhatan village
- Fort Monroe/Point Comfort – site of settlement from 1621
One thought on “Travel with Books”
Another great idea! I love it.
LikeLiked by 1 person